-->

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Autism Awareness Day

Today is Autism Awareness Day and I love to support good causes.  So, I went blue to Light It Up and support a very prevalent issue.

I am also working on a swatching project as I have finally received my "swatchcicles".  I have done the majority of my China Glaze polishes but still have somewhere around 950 more to go.  Once these get done, I have a plan to use my "untrieds".  For this mani, I used 4 untrieds!  YAY!


You can see here what the "swatchcicles" look like and the polishes I used.  They are all China Glaze: Hanging In The Balance, Blue Sparrow, First Mate.

Here are all of the polishes I used for this manicure:


I used Color Club Over The Moon for my stamp accent nails.


I used Hanging In The Balance as a base color for my middle and ring fingers.  The middle finger has a blue striping tape design added and the ring finger has a coat of Blue Sparrow on top.  Blue Sparrow dries matte, so I have a coat of Seche Vite on top to make it shiny again.  On my index and pinkie fingers, I am wearing 2 coats of First Mate.  I used Over The Moon to stamp with BM-319 for the puzzle piece accent. I used the same striping tape on my pinkie.


The color combo is really pretty!  This is only the 2nd time using the striping tape and I am still getting the hang of it.  It needs at least 2 coats of top coat to seal it in.  Even then, after several hand-washings, it did start to come up.  My learning on this one is to cut the tape just slightly higher on the nail (no overhang).


post signature

Please take a look at the other lovely solutes to this special day.

No comments :

Post a Comment