-->

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Marsala Wallpaper

You know me!  I like to do combo mani's and this time I did a wallpaper design (more like a border) along with a Marsala-like color combo.  I have to say, I wasn't impressed with the 2015 Pantone selection until I saw KB Shimmer's take on it with Men Are From Mars-ala.  That color is amazing!  I used it as inspiration for this:


As my collection grows, I feel more and more guilt so I went to my stash to find something I hadn't used yet.  Here is what I used for this mani - I kept it very simple!


For once, I didn't use a white polish as an undie for this manicure.  I used my usual base coat and followed it up with 2 coats of Tan Lines and 3 coats of Quit Meatal-ing as my base polishes.  After that was mostly dry, I added a coat of Seche Vite to harded the layers and prepare for the taping process.


I worked on each nail individually to get crisp lines when the tape was removed.  Once the tape was down on the nail, I did 2 coats of the reverse polish and then quickly removed the tape strips.  This is my first "wallpaper" look this month.  I think it looks more like a border pattern.  Once the polish was dry, I finished it off with a final layer of Seche Vite.  This one was pretty rugged...I wore it for over 2 weeks!


post signature

1 comment :