-->

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Cotton Candy

Have you ever seen those bags of cotton candy where, when you open it, there are several colors all smooshed together?  That is what this looks like to me.


I wanted to brave the watermarble technique again but this time I wanted to try something different.  I had seen a tutorial where you can pull the design off of the water and use it like a decal rather than dipping your fingers in the water.  Well, that was a total and complete failure.  I want to chalk it up to the polishes I used rather than my own issues...  I couldn't give up after the hours of trying to make this work so I did it the traditional way.


I used the white as a base layer of polish, then applied liquid latex around my nails and on my fingers to make the process less awful.  LOL!  Well, there is one thing I learned about the latex: don't let your fingers stick together!  It was really comical to see me trying to pull my fingers apart with bright blue webbing from the latex.


There were other disasters during this process as well.  There was a clump of latex that somehow got caught in the Seche Vite on my pinkie nail so that is why there is a divot.  I also found some fuzzy something or other while putting top coat on the other hand and when I pulled it out, it smeared everything.  It can't be great every time and it was a funny story to tell my friends.  I mean 5 hours of a manicure should have something awesome come out of it!


All in all, I like it.  I hope you do too.


post signature

1 comment :

  1. Still looks very good! I really should give water marbling another try.

    ReplyDelete