-->

Sunday, November 10, 2013

2013 Favorite Color Challenge #2

My 2nd mani for this challenge is also my 2nd attempt at this technique.  A Jelly Stampwich is such a cool concept and I so want to be able to do it.  Katee at A Girl And Her Polish does a phenomenal job at them!  I got my inspiration for this look here.

What I used:
  • Zoya Paloma
  • OPI Designer...De Better!
  • Milani White on the Spot
  • Milani Black Swift


I started with one coat of Zoya Paloma, then stamped RA-113 alternating fingers with the black and white. On top of the stamping, I followed up with 2 more coats of Zoya followed by a coat of my trusty Seche Vite.


I used the OPI on my thumb as an accent nail.  It is a really pretty gold with pink shimmer in it.


I have to say that these polishes typically stamp really well.  I struggled with the plate.  I haven't been overly fond of my Red Angel plates.  I am not sure if I got a bad batch of them or if it is user error, but this one was a bit of a challenge.


Overall, I really like how it came out.  I wish the stamping had been a bit more defined...


I will definitely be trying this technique again.  I love the subtlety of it!

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment