-->

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Lone April Tri-Polish Challenge Entry

Hi everyone!  It has been a while since I posted!  I missed you so much.  I wish I could say that I will be back on a regular basis but things are crazy busy at work and it is taking up more and more of my time these days.
April's Tri-Polish Challenge colors are yellow, pink, and blue.
I chose:

  • Ulta Sun-Sational
  • Orly Hawaiian Punch
  • Ulta Blue Streak
I literally picked these colors blindly.  I closed my eyes and went to my swatch sticks and used what I picked.  It really worked in my favor though.  I personally think any colors can make a beautiful gradient.
I started with my white undie polish: Milani White then used one coat of Sun-Sational.  After a layer of Seche Vite, I began the gradient.  I use a make-up sponge and put a stripe of each color on it and dab away.  This was about 4 passes of the sponge.
These colors blended together nicely!  I decided to add an accent stamp too.  As much as I reminded myself to stamp the butterfly going the other way so that when I take the picture you see it right-side-up but I still managed to do it wrong.  Oh well!  This butterfly is on RA-119 and has some great detail in it.
So...never mind that wonderful blemish on my middle finger.  I squished my finger between my laptop and my phone at work the other day and that is my reminder of how dumb I am!  It's a blood blister and since I tend to heal slowly, it will be sticking around for a while.

post signature

Be sure to check out the other lovelies who worked hard on their Tri-Polish Challenge mani's this month!

No comments :

Post a Comment