-->

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Stripes #2

You know that I like to tackle more than one challenge in my mani's because I just don't have the time to do my nails more than once a week lately.  So, this one covers 4 challenges - yes, I outdid myself this time.  LOL!  This one represents my second stripes mani for the Nail Challenge Collaborative as well as my BCA mani for October.  I've also wrapped both prompts for the Pick-N-Mix Challenge with Crumpet's Nail Tarts.  Ok, on to the good stuff...

Who doesn't love the reciprocal gradient look?  Sure, it is time consuming, but the outcome is so fun and pretty!

Here is what I used this time:
I used my usual base coat and a layer of Sinful Colors Snow Me White to get the colors to really pop.  I then added one coat of Berry Juicy before beginning the gradient.  I put all 3 pink colors on a make-up sponge and started dabbing away until I was satisfied with the look.  I then put a layer of Seche Vite down to harden the polish in preparation for the striping tape.
I put the tape on all 10 of my fingers before beginning the sponging again.  I know that we typically talk about doing one nail at a time, but this is much more efficient!  Once I got the colors as saturated as I could get them, I started peeling off the tape.  After clean up and a final layer of Seche Vite, this is the result.  I'm pretty pleased with the look.   This is only the 2nd time (I think) that I have done this type of mani.  It's a winner!
Take a look at all of the other wonderful ideas for these manicure challenges!

post signature

2 comments :

  1. Thanks! I like this type of mani - but it requires a lot of faith. LOL

    ReplyDelete