-->

Saturday, February 6, 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Aqua or Turquoise

Hi everyone!  I am so glad to be back with a new nail art post for you.  My nail room is about 85% complete now so I actually have a small space dedicated to my nails.  :)  I do want to apologize for the look of my blog.  I am not sure what is happening, but my background image will no longer load and I can't for the life of me figure out why.  So, I guess this means it is time for some kind of re-vamp of the design.  I'll get to thinking about that.

In the meantime, here is my entry for the New Crumpets Nail Tarts 40 Great Nail Art Ideas prompt for this week: Aqua or Turquoise.  I have waterspotting as my technique this week.


This is my first time attempting this technique.  Watermarbling is such a nemesis of mine, that this scared me!  Here is what I used for this look:


I started with 3 thin coats of Teal The Tide Turns.  This is a textured polish so it is kind of hard to build up to a solid opacity.  Without adding a top coat, I started the water spotting process.  To do this, I added some distilled, room temperature water from a jug I have had for well over a year to a paper cup.  I added 2 drops of the black to the cup and then sprayed 1 spray of hairspray to get it to separate.


As you can see, each nail is different.  It is really hard to control the spray from the bottle so, you get what you get.  LOL  I think it came out cool! I finished this off with a coat of Seche Vite to smooth that finish out and give it some shine.


This was SO MUCH EASIER than watermarbling (for me!).  Since the results can be just random and have no pattern, I found it to be much more satisfying to the perfectionist in me.

Thanks for stopping by!!


post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment