-->

Friday, February 19, 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Red

Red!!!  I love red and I really need to use it more often.  The big drawback for me is how hard it is to clean up after it.  My prompt for this week was "watercolor".  It is hard to think of a primary color as a watercolor, but I did my research and decided to go with the Nimbus technique as per Sammy at The Nailasaurus.


I chose 3 shades of red to use over a white base color.  A cute little Valentine's day heart stamp was the perfect touch to this one.


I have done this technique before with this look.  It is a very easy technique but kind of hard to know when to stop.  I tend to over-think things...  Anyway, using acetone to thin out the polish, I just started dabbing away with a cotton swab.


The other tricky part to this technique is that the cotton swabs tend to leave fibers in the look!  I tried really hard to keep those at bay with a good amount of success.  I used Pueen 41 for this cute heart image.  After a layer of Seche Vite, it turned out to be a sweet little Valentine to myself.


I hope you all had a happy Valentine's day too!

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment