-->

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Gift Wrapped Nails

I love pretty packages!  I am not a very good wrapper though.  I actually suck at it.  LOL!  I am very well known for gift bags.  Anyway, I saw a photo on Pinterest that really struck my fancy.  Take a look!  I also took inspiration from a photo on Facebook from another nail art enthusiast (Andrea aka Plasmaspeedo) that showed her Christmas tree with lovely, color coordinated packages underneath (here).  With all of that inspiration check out what I came up with...
Starting with the polish choices:
  • Ulta Snow White
  • Ulta Pinata-Yada-Yada
  • Sinful Colors Tokyo Pearl
I started with 2 coats of the Ulta Snow White.  This was my first time using this polish (in case you didn't already know, I am trying to show all of my polishes some love and affection and use them all in some nail art) and I have to say that I wasn't overly impressed with the coverage.  Even after 2 coats, it wasn't level coverage enough to wear by itself.  Fortunately, I was doing more so I left it as is.  I then added 2 coats of the glitter polish Pinata-Yada-Yada.  This went on much better!  The glitter spread easily and I didn't need to worry too much about coverage as I wanted it to be fairly sparse.  Once that was dry, I added one very thin coat of the Sinful Colors Tokyo Pearl to mattify the glitter a bit, but keep the white look.
I topped all of that off with my trusty Seche Vite and let it thoroughly dry.  Once dry, I began adding the striping tape.  I used a gold color as I just wanted it pretty and not overly Christmas-y.  Once the tape was all in place, I added one little gem to each nail.  I use a cheap clear polish to do this because I go over everything with Seche Vite again - and again.
I just love this!  I have done the majority of my Christmas shopping already, thankfully.  I did pretty much everything online this year.  We don't have a tree up but there is more than enough snow on the ground to make it feel like Christmas.  Oh, and by the way, I had everything gift wrapped from the merchant.  LOL!

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment