-->

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Hot Chocolate

Let it Snow! Challenge - Hot Chocolate

I had my idea for this one a few days before I was going to do it.  When I drink hot chocolate (which isn't too often), I like to put marshmallows in it.  I mean, who doesn't?  I am still trying to perfect my water marbling skills too.  I really struggle with having the patience to do it and even more challenging for me is the design portion.  I had seen a tutorial on making a swirl pattern by simplelittlepleasures (here) which was my inspiration for my marble.  I can't tell you how time-consuming this process is!  At least for me.  Perhaps it is just because I haven't mastered the technique.  I mean, this took over 4 hours for me to do.  That is ridiculous.  But, because of my state of mind at the time, I didn't mind.

Here is what I ended up with:


I used a lot of colors with this one.  Ready?
  • base color: Sally Hansen Duchesse Lace (2 coats)
  • marble: China Glaze Ingrid, Barielle Misbehaving Mistress, Zoya Pasha, Essie Adore-a-Ball, Sally Hansen Duchesse Lace, Wet 'n Wild Break the Ice.
  • top coat: Seche Vite
I love this!  I totally looks like cocoa with marshmallows swirled in it.  For how labor intensive this was, I am very pleased with how this came out.  Only one bubble?  That is amazing!  LOL

Here is my thumb:


Thanks for visiting!
Brandy

Check out the other wonderful looks for this week's challenge.

2 comments :

  1. Lovely water marble....course it helps that I love brown nail polish!

    ReplyDelete