-->

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Winter Wonderland

It is Winter Wonderland this week for the Let it Snow! Challenge group.  I am getting pretty tired of winter.  I live in Buffalo, NY.  It is normal for this time of year.  I know this week is going to be fairly quiet at work because everyone is on vacation since their kids are out of school this week.  They are all off to nice warm climates, while it is expected to be quite "stormy" here this week.  UGH!  I wanted to do this week's manicure with a little bit of cheer while still remaining "wintry".  I love my purples so that is where I went.  LOL!



I started with 2 coats of Sally Hansen Hard to Get as a base coat.  I added one coat of Seche Vite to get that sealed.  Then I used a make up sponge to do my gradient.  Here is what I used for that:


  • Zoya Tru
  • Sally Hansen No Hard Feelings
  • Sally Hansen Lilac

I have snowflakes stamped on my ring finger, but you can't see them very well.  I used Cheeky Jumbo Plate "L".  One is using Sally Hansen Celeb City  and the other is using Sally Hansen Golden-I.  Those colors are also used for a tree on BM-321 on my pinkie.  Yeah, you can't see those too well either.  I used a dotting tool to make "snow" on my forefinger and thumb using Zoya Gaia


I put a layer of Kleancolor Silver Lining on all but my thumb.


This stamp is also on my Cheeky Jumbo Plate "L" (it is the same as SH207 - don't get me started on that disappointment).

Alright, on to the Right hand...


This side is pretty cute - in theory.  Again, my choice of stamp color wasn't the best as it doesn't show up as well as I had hoped.  I used Sally Hansen Celeb City to stamp a sleigh (BM-213) on my pinkie.  Then I wanted horses to pull that sleigh so I used Mash-42 and Sally Hansen Golden-I on the next two fingers.  Then I just added the Kleancolor Silver Lining to the forefinger and thumb.  I topped everything off with a coat of Seche Vite.

I like it!  Just the gradient with the Silver Lining is beautiful. 

Thanks for visiting!
Brandy

Take a look at the other awesome "Winter Wonderland" mani's!

1 comment :

  1. Wow this is such a unique theme for winter. Its so beautiful. Great job

    ReplyDelete