-->

Thursday, May 9, 2013

NOTD: Husband's Choice - Blurple

Today's mani is all about the Hubby's opinion.  There is an annual event in Rochester, NY called the Lilac Festival.  It is as you would expect: a bunch of lilacs.  It is a park that has hundreds of lilac bushes and around Mother's Day, they are in full bloom.  There are a bunch of vendors selling stuff I don't need (or want) and music entertainment to listen to as you wander through the park and look at all kinds of varieties of lilacs.
He was thinking of very elaborate designs.  I had to reign him in a bit as I am just not that talented.  So, I gave him my untried swatches for purple and blue polishes to find something he liked.  He pulled out quite a few but we narrowed it down to 3 colors.
I started with one thin coat of China Glaze Fade Into Hue.  For the accent nail, I used 2 coats of Orly High On Hope.  On to the gradient:  I used a make up sponge and did a stripe of the Fade Into Hue and a stripe of Sinful Colors Let's Talk.  I sponged on 3 layers to get this color effect.  I topped everything off with a coat of Seche Vite. The photos really don't do this color justice!  The purple is almost metallic and it is nice and dark fading right into the blue!  I couldn't stop staring at these at work today!  The Hubster knocked it out of the park with this one.  I will fit right into the Lilac Festival this weekend!
I'm calling this one "Blurple"!  I absolutely love this one!  I hope you do too.

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment