-->

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Re-create #2: First Husband's Choice

I'm posting out of order!  I'm such a rebel!  I wanted to make something summery out of this original fall manicure, so I chose bright colors, but I used the same stamps.  You can see the original post here.


  • Sally Hansen Polar Bare
  • Sally Hansen Parrot
  • butter LONDON Cheeky Chops
  • Stamping supplies:
    • MDU Pastel Yellow
    • MDU Chocolate
    • MDU Lemon Tree
    • MDU White
    • BM324 - Bamboo (tips)
    • RA118 - Reeds (grass)
I started with 2 coats of Polar Bare after my base coat.  This polish is fairly sheer but still a good light undie color to bring out the "pop" of brightness.  I then put 2 coats of either Cheeky Chops or Parrot on my nails.  Once those were mostly dry, I added a layer of Seche Vite.
I am so, so, so glad that I purchased these Mundo de Unas stamping polishes!  They are a dream to use.  The stamps were more of a challenge though.  For anyone curious, stamping may look easy but it sure isn't!  For this one I used the yellow and brown to stamp the reeds (or grass, if you like (RA118)).  I layered them, so the same stamp is used multiple times in both colors and also it is reversed for one round.  This took a lot of time and patience (which I was running out of by the end of this manicure!) to get it to where I could accept it.  I did the tips a bit differently this manicure too.  I also layered the stamp (BM324) in the white and green and put it on a bias.  It is just too damn hard to line up a french tip!  So, I went on an angle and I have to say, I really love it!  The stamp reminds me of bamboo shoots. Together, everything looks very summer and I got a lot of compliments on them at work.

Here they are side by side.  I'm glad that my stamping has improved over the last 1 1/2 years!  I hope this is an acceptable re-creation.  :)

post signature

2 comments :