-->

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Winter Solstice

Happy Sunday!  This is my version of the winter solstice for the "Let it Snow!" Challenge.  This is a hard one!  I wanted something both light and dark.  The winter solstice is, afterall, the shortest amount of daylight of the year.  So, I chose to do night scene with a little bit of winter thrown in.  I really like how it came out, but I do love my polish!  This also, unintentionally, became a skittle manicure.  I never even knew what that was before entering into this nail community!  So, for those who may not know what that means, each nail has a different design.

I tried some new things too with this manicure.  I used my glequins for the first time.  They are really easy to put on and I love the way the light catches them.  I used my new Shany 2013 plates!  YAY!  I also used a bunch of un-trieds.  That list is very long and someday, I will get to them all. 

Here we go!

This is my left hand.  It is so much easier to photograph this hand.  I would love to have a remote shutter release for my camera but it just isn't that fancy!


Here is what is on each nail:
  • base color = Blue Moon by Wet N Wild
  • Pinkie:
    • moon stamp (Mash 32), snowflake stamp (BM 319); both stamped with Superstar! by Pure Ice
  • Ring:
    • snowflake stamp (BM 323) stamped with Superstar! & Pelican Gray by China Glaze
  • Middle:
    • tree stamp (SH 207) stamped with Pelican Gray; blue holographic glequins
  • Forefinger:
    • Luxe & Lush by China Glaze
  • Thumb (sorry, it isn't pictured - I just couldn't get a good one!)

Ok, this is my right hand.  The picture came out pretty good...


I think it is interesting that you can't tell which finger is which in this picture!  My pinkie is the top left finger.  LOL!

Here is what is on each nail:
  • base color = Blue Moon by Wet N Wild
  • Pinkie:
    • snowflake stamp (SH 202); clear holographic glequins
  • Ring:
    • Sparkle Top Coat by Finger Paints
  • Middle:
    • snowflake stamp (BM 323) stamped with Superstar! & Pelican Gray
  • Forefinger:
    • moon and stars stamp (SH 207) stamped with Superstar! & Pelican Gray 
  • Thumb (sorry, it isn't pictured - I just couldn't get a good one!)
You can also see that winter is here in Buffalo by the amount of dry flaky skin I have.  It always looks way worse in these close-ups. 

Thanks for visiting!
Brandy

Be sure to see the other entries to this challenge - there is some serious talent out there!

1 comment :