-->

Saturday, March 22, 2014

French Manicure Revisited

I think my last "classic" french manicure was about a year ago.  I enjoy them so much!  I have always thought they were so clean and pretty.  I have been doing my nails since I was in high school and would you believe that I never knew what "pink & white" was until about 3 years ago!  I always wondered why, when I had acrylics done, mine were never very pink, but more of a beige color.  Anyway, a french manicure is the driving force behind my love for nail art.  So, in my desire to see the sun amongst all of these cold, windy and snowy days, I did another french manicure.  They make me happy, what can I say?  I used some old and unused polishes too.
  • Wet 'n' Wild Never Been Kissed
  • Color Club Take Me To Your Chateau
  • UNKOWN PINK (does anybody know what this is?)
  • China Glaze Fairy Dust
I started this mani with 2 coats of Take Me To Your Chateau then a layer of Seche Vite.  Once that was dry I did a gradient of the 2 pinks and the white.  Let me just say that this white has ALWAYS been my favorite for french manis.  I'm pretty sure I have had this polish for more than 5 years now.  
I applied the gradient with a make-up sponge as I always do.  This is about 4 passes on the nails.  Once that was dry, I added a coat of the Fairy Dust then another layer of Seche Vite to seal it all in.
I am so in love with this manicure that I am not sure when I will take it off!  I can't stop looking at them.  They look like acrylics!  I love it when people get that look of shock and awe when they ask you who does your nails, only to be followed by "those are your real nails?!".  


post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment