-->

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Mardi Gras Inspired

I don't really know much about Mardi Gras, but there are some fun colors associated with it.  I wanted something simple but colorful, so I went with tips.  I used more polish from Mt. Untried:


  • Ulta Peach Parfait
  • Nicole by OPI Love Song

I started with my usual base coat and then added 3 thin coats of Peach Parfait.  This polish is really pretty!  It applied a little uneven but after 2 coats and a top coat is evened out nicely.  I then added 1 coat of Seche Vite to seal that in. 
I free handed 2 thin coats of Love Song on the tips.  This purple is divine!  I love it as it is more of a blue undertone than red.  It applied easily.  I then added some gold holographic striping tape over the edge of the purple tip to hide any sloppiness.  :)  Once I trimmed the edges of the tape, I topped this with 2 coats of Seche Vite to try and manage the striping tape.
This turned out really lovely and I enjoyed wearing it!  I will say that I am not a fan of striping tape as a part of the nail art.  I love how it looks.  I hate how hard it is to apply and that IT DOESN'T STAY ON!  Is this only a problem for me?  Is there something I am doing wrong?  Is it my body chemistry?  LOL!  It starts to peel off for me within 24 hours and it just makes me sad.  Not that any of this will stop me from continued use of it...:-)

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment