-->

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Beach time!

No, I am not longing for summer already!  I mean winter is barely off the ground here.  I wanted something summery for my trip this weekend though.  I am headed off to New Jersey tomorrow to see my sister and her kids.  I am helping move them to Florida.  It is going to be a very long drive with 2 kids, 2 cats, 2 dogs and my mother.  So, I wanted my "happy place" to be my nails so that I can look down at them and think of nothing but warm weather and the beach. 

Once again, I have turned to MixedMama for inspiration.  She never lets me down.  :)  I must confess though that I searched "beach nails" on Pinterest first.  I had several candidates, but MixedMama's Tropical Sunset Nails won my vote! 

Here is what I used for mine (same as MixedMama):
  • base coat = mellow yellow by Sally Hansen
  • gradient is mellow yellow, hot tamale (Pure Ice), lavender creme (Wet n Wild)
  • stamp(s) = BM-309
    • I used several colors for the stamping
      • black out (Pure Ice)
      • french kiss (Pure Ice)
      • turned up turquoise (China Glaze)
      • savage (Sinful Colors)
  • top coat = seche vite
Here is how it turned out.  Very summery (in my opinion)!  It reminds me of a popsicle I used to beg my mom for money to buy when I was a kid.  I think it was called a "torpedo pop" or something like that.


My favorite nail is my thumb on my right hand.  It is hard to get with the camera but here is what I was able to shoot:


And one more just because I think it is so pretty to look at!


Thanks for visiting!
Brandy

No comments :

Post a Comment