-->

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

January Golden Oldie Thursday #1 (Inspired by a tutorial)

This is a new challenge for the year: Golden Oldie Thursday hosted by Debbie Crumpet over at Crumpet's Nail Tarts.  This is a really great idea.  Everyone who hoards polish must feel some guilt over not using them all the time!  I mean, polish has feelings too, you know!  LOL!  The first theme is "pink".  Now, this is another double duty mani for me as I am also participating in the Nail Challenge Collaborative's "inspired by a tutorial" theme.

My "inspiration" for this mani is a free hand ombre from SimpleNailArtDesigns on YouTube.  See the video here.  It is simple in theory, but more challenging than I thought going into it.

I used:

  • Ulta Baby Doll
  • Sinful Colors Starfish
  • China Glaze Designer Satin
The Ulta application was a little streaky so I used 3 coats to get a good base color.  I then used a small nail art brush to roughly add 2 coats of Starfish. Once that was dry, I added 2 coats of Designer Satin to the tips.
I finished this off with a coat of Seche Vite.  Now, I don't keep track of when I purchase polish, so these are all "untried" polishes that needed some love.  I wish I had not gone as high with the dark pink shade because you can't see too much of the medium shade.  Lesson learned.  This mani was really fun to do because it is an awesome, more rough, way to do an ombre.  I am fond of gradients that are subtle and this is a great alternative to that.  I will do this again!

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment