-->

Monday, January 6, 2014

January Tri-Polish Tuesday #1 (Inspired by a tutorial)

This is another double duty post as it fits in perfectly into two challenges I am participating in this month.  1st is the Nail Challenge Collaborative's theme: Inspired by a Tutorial.  2nd is the Tri-Polish Tuesday Challenge hosted by Crumpet's Nail Tarts.  January's colors are: red, orange and yellow.

As did Katee from www.agirlandherpolish.com, I chose to do a cloud manicure.  I have never tried this before but have been wanting to try it for a long time.  I am please to report that it was very simple!  I followed Nailside's tutorial here.  She explains it very well!

I used these for this manicure:

  • Milani Yellow Mark
  • China Glaze Toe-Tally Textured
  • Milani Tainted In Red
I started with a thin coat of my usual undie polish: Milani White followed by 2 coats of Yellow Mark.  Once that was dry, I started my first "cloud" with the Toe-Tally Textured.  Only 1 coat is required for the "clouds".  Then, the next cloud in Tainted In Red.  I did not add a top coat to this manicure to preserve the textured look.
These colors are totally obnoxious for winter but, on a side note, I chose them because my mom is vacationing in Hawaii right now and sent me a lovely sunset photo from her beach-side condo!  Isn't that nice?  While I am suffering through sub-zero temperatures, she is living it up in the beautiful tropics!  So, my nails are also inspired by an awesome sunset too!


post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment