-->

Thursday, January 16, 2014

January Golden Oldie Thursday #2 (Inspired by a tutorial)

I was inspired by Kick Acetone for this look.  It seems as though I wasn't alone in this thought for the stripes theme!  LOL!  Thankfully, we all used different colors!

You can see the tutorial here for the reverse gradient stripes.
I used these gems from my untried stash:
  1. American Apparel Office
  2. Sinful Colors Envy
  3. Sinful Colors Calypso
I started with 2 coats of Office, then sealed it in with a layer of Seche Vite.  I sponge applied my gradient with Calypso at the tips, Envy in the middle, and Office near the cuticle.
Once I was satisfied with the gradient (about 2 coats), I sealed that in with another layer of Seche Vite.  I will say that these colors made a beautiful gradient and I was really sad to cover it up but I was committed to the look.  
I applied the striping tape and then went for the reverse gradient with the darker color at the base of my nail and the lighter color at the tips.  What do you think of my middle nail? I mentioned in the last post that I chopped it off due to a major break.  It doesn't look as bad with some pretty nail art on it!
I removed the tape once the second gradient was applied.  Once dry, I put on a final coat of Seche Vite on top.  I really love how this turned out!  I can see why so many people have reproduced it - it is so neat!  I got so many compliments today at work which always makes me smile.  This is the first time I have tried this style and I haven't used green polishes like this - ever!


post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment