-->

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Intro to 2014

Happy New Year!!  As I mentioned in my last post, I re-designed my blog background and header.  I hope you like it!

To start the year off, I wanted to do something of a little twist on the typical NY stamping mani.

My inspiration: the 2014 Pantone color Radiant Orchid
Now, when I pulled my colors for this manicure, I swear they looked really close to this swatch...now, I just don't think so.  I find this color to be very evasive!  I can't quite find an exact match in my swatches - keep in mind that I still need to swatch somewhere around 600 polishes.

Here is what I picked to use:
  • Wet n Wild On A Trip
  • Sinful Colors Fiji
I started with 2 coats of On A Trip followed by 1 thin coat of Fiji.  I topped it off with 1 coat of Seche Vite.  As I had started this rather late, I just did this part for the night...about 2-3 hours before I went to bed.  For some reason, my left hand wouldn't dry - it was tacky for a LONG time and my right hand was perfectly fine.  WEIRD!  Well, I had to get some sleep so I went to bed.  When I woke up in the morning I had found some awesome bed linen imprinting on my left hand.  Here is a comparison photo:

Do you see the patterns in there?  It was interesting, so I decided to keep it.  For New Years, I added the typical stamps from BM-H14 in all kinds of polishes.  Since I consider the actual stamping part a bit of a failure since you can't really make out the design, I didn't keep track of all of the polishes I tried.  Sorry!

Here is the finished product:
 Even if it isn't an exact match, the colors worked great together!
 Happy New Year everyone!

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment