-->

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Longing for Summer

Happy sunny Sunday!  It has been so long since the sun has shone here that it is a welcomed sight!  My dog was in heaven this afternoon lying out on the deck!  We all need the Vitamin D this time of year.  Anyway, on to the nail stuff.  This week it is Longing for Summer for the Let it Snow! challenge.  I want to participate in another challenge at the same time and was trying to knock out two birds with one stone here.  Why exactly are we throwing stones at birds?  I digress...
 
Here is my manicure for this week:
 
 
 
Since I wanted to incorporate orange into the color scheme I went with a gradient.  I do love my gradients!  LOL!  I started with 2 coats of Milani White followed by 3 coats of a gradient.  I use a make-up sponge to apply the gradient and I apply the polish directly on to the sponge.
  • For the orange gradient: Sally Hansen Sorbet & China Glaze Peachy Keen.  I topped these nails off with 1 thin coat of Kleancolor Orange Holo.
  • For the accent nail: yellow = Orly Melodious Utopia & pink = Orly Elation Generation.
Followed by 1 coat of Seche Vite and this one is done.  The gradient was much more defined before I put the Orange Holo on top, but you can still see some of it.  I suppose I should mention that I filed my nails way down this week.  I typically don't like them to be too long since I type all day at work and I annoy myself with the sound of my claws hitting the keyboard.  BUT, my nails were growing in so nicely that I let them go a bit too far.  As a result, I had a couple of breakages this week which helped force my hand on the filing.  I have to say that just typing this up on my laptop has been quite a relief!  Way fewer typos - LOL!

 
 
 
post signature


Please look at the other lovelies who did a Longing for Summer manicure this week. 

No comments :

Post a Comment