-->

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Winter Blues

Winter Blues is the theme for this week in the Let it Snow! challenge.  There were lots of options for this manicure.  I got my inspiration at work.  There is a box of tissues sitting there that I see everyday.  This is what inspired my look this week:
 
 I didn't want to do a gradient and I have been wanting to try the fan brush technique.  So, I went to Michaels and picked up a couple of fan brushes for around $3.00.  This technique is amazingly simple and you have quite a bit of control over your design.  I used several colors in mine and I really like the wintry feel of a snowy Buffalo.
 


 Here is what I used for this manicure:
  • 2 coats of Sally Hansen Ivory Skull as a base
  • 1 coat of Seche Vite
  • "fanned" colors:
    • Sinful Colors Aquamarine
    • Sally Hansen Air
    • Sally Hansen Himalayan Blue
    • Sally Hansen Thinking of Blue
  • 1 coat of Seche Vite to seal it all in.


 I had a major catastrophe 2 weeks ago when I snapped the goose neck to my OttLite.  I was devastated!  This is why my photos show more of a yellow light rather than a white light.  I am lucky that my hubby was able to ghetto-fy it to being in a semi-working status.  Hopefully it will be able to work for my light box.  :)
 
 

I really like it!  I hope you do too. 
 
post signature

Check out the other lovely entries!

No comments :

Post a Comment