-->

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pastels 3: Blue-Green

For my third pastel mani in the Nail Challenge Collaborative April pastels challenge, I went to my untried swatches...It is slowly growing.  Swatching over 1000 polishes takes quite some time!  I've made it through my China Glazes, Sinful Colors, and Orly's.  Wait, I got sidetracked for a second there.  LOL!  I went to my "green" swatches and came up with 2 complimentary colors for a gradient.  China Glaze Keep Calm, Paint On & Sinful Colors  Mint Apple.


Do you ever notice that it is "all of a sudden" that your nails are just too long?  I hit that point today.  I filed them down prior to this mani. Oh, and please pardon my dry skin.  I took these photos before I put lotion on.  I went to re-do them and got distracted with housework and managed to chip a nail a little bit.  So, I kept these.

I started with one coat of Milani White as an undie.  I then put 2 coats of China Glaze Keep Calm, Paint On on my ring finger.  I put 2 coats of Sinful Colors Mint Apple on my pointer finger.  On the rest I did a sponge gradient of the two colors (about 4 passes).  I wanted just my tips to be darker so I kept the Mint Apple focused there.


As I was playing with my stamps, I easily found one I liked for this.  I used BM-214.  There are some feathers on there that I could easily separate to only use part of it.  I used the whole image on my ring and pointer fingers.  I am so in love with the Color Club holos for stamping so that was my go-to again.  This time I used Angel Kiss for all of the stamping.  I used only a portion of the stamp for the tips of the remaining fingers.  I used 1 coat of Seche Vite over everything to give it a shine.



I find this one to be perfect for spring!  I am loving the pastels!!!

post signature

Take a look at the other fun pastel looks!

1 comment :